The modern approach to treating soft tissue injuries
Graston Technique is one of the numerous manual therapy approaches used to break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. It is a patented specially designed stainless steel instrument that works with a specialized, gentle massage/scraping mechanism on the skin.
It is a soft tissue mobilization technique used by chiropractors, therapists, and occupational therapists to detect and treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation.
How does it work?
Graston Technique is an intense and more profound form of manual therapy. Our specially trained Dallas chiropractors use Graston tools to:
- Locate restrictions and muscle knots by running the tools over your skin. It lets them feel and locate the fibrous or scar tissue that triggers pain and restricts your movement.
- The tools are also used to break up the tissue to restore mobility and function.
Graston technique benefits:
Graston technique offers the following benefits:
- It provides a quicker treatment option
- It facilitates faster rehabilitation and recovery
- It helps reduce the need for anti-inflammatory medication
- It helps resolve chronic injuries and conditions