Scoliosis Treatment In Dallas, TX
Scoliosis is a medical condition that is experienced by growing adolescent children. The growth spurt during the puberty period can lead to scoliosis.
Adults also suffer scoliosis even in Dallas, TX. To find out more about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options, continue reading.
By definition, scoliosis is the abnormal curvature of the spine into an S or C shape. Usually, the human spine is curved at the top of the shoulder and the lower back. But with scoliosis, the curvature presents as a sideways curvature, depending on the severity of the case.
Symptoms Of Scoliosis
The severity of this abnormal spinal curvature varies for each patient. Symptoms may include the following:
- Uneven shoulders: You will find that one shoulder blade is raised higher than the other in this case. It can also be that one shoulder blade is more prominent than the other.
- Uneven waist resulting in one hip higher than the other.
- Pain in the back.
- Breathing difficulties due to narrow and insufficient room for lung expansion.
Types of scoliosis
There are various types of scoliosis:
- Idiopathic scoliosis: This is due to an unknown cause (for example, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis). This makes up to eight percent of scoliosis cases, even in Dallas, TX.
- Neurological scoliosis: The spine’s abnormal curvature is due to the nerves’ pathological conditions running through the spinal muscles.
- Congenital scoliosis: This is spine deformities abnormalities owing to defects at birth.
- Structural scoliosis: This is often permanent as a result of disease or injury.
- Non-structural scoliosis: This is mostly temporary scoliosis that can be treated.
Causes Of Scoliosis
Most causes of scoliosis are congenital, but others can be caused by the following:
- Muscular dystrophy. This is a genetic condition that often leads to loss of muscular activity and eventual distortion of the spine.
- Spina bifida and some other congenital disabilities like cerebral palsy.
- Traumatic events that cause injury to the spine.
- Muscle spasm.
- Infections targeting the spine.
Long Term Problems Due To Untreated Scoliosis
Several debilitating problems can occur from untreated scoliosis. They include the following:
- Damage to the lung and heart.
- Chronic pain.
- Deteriorating and permanent deformity.
- Degenerative joint disease.
Temporary Pain Relief
Quick relief from pain due to scoliosis can be gotten from pain medication, topical ointments, or oral tablets. Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs are often the medication of choice depending on the severity of the pain. Still, these medications do not help treat the underlying cause. It is essential to visit a chiropractor to understand the root cause of the problem.
Does Medical Insurance Cover Scoliosis Treatment
Scoliosis Treatment In Dallas
Treatment of scoliosis in Dallas is best handled by chiropractors who are experienced in treating scoliosis. We recommend non-surgical treatment, which includes therapies like spine reconstruction and spine decompression, exercises, stretching, and braces.
Many people often wonder, is scoliosis surgery worth it? The answer to this will depend on the nature and cause of the abnormal spine curvature. Surgical procedures to treat scoliosis include bone grafting, spinal decompression, and spinal fusion. Surgical procedures are very invasive and should be the last resort for any patient. Your scoliosis specialist in Dallas will decide if brace or surgery is needed.
- Physical Exercise
This includes stretching exercises, massages, and other forms of physical guided activities. Chiropractors at Trinity Mills Chiropractic have successfully treated many cases of scoliosis using professional manipulation techniques.
How Trinity Mills Chiropractic Can help in Pain due to scoliosis in Dallas, TX
Trinity Mills Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Dallas for treating pain due to scoliosis. Dr. Mark Harris DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Dallas and specializes in treating pain due to scoliosis. He has been practicing for over 10 years in Dallas.
Trinity Mills Chiropractic serves the following cities:
- Farmers Branch
Contact us today if you are experiencing pain due to scoliosis in Dallas.