Headaches / Migraine Treatment In Dallas, TX
Headache is one of the most common health complaints around the world. Everyone will experience headaches at different times in their lifetime. Headache is a health condition on its own or other times, a symptom of a more serious problem. Headache treatment in Dallas TX varies depending on the nature and severity of the condition. Read on to find out about the different types of headaches, causes, and treatments.
First of all, what is a headache? It is simply a health condition typically characterized by pain sensation in or around the head. This sensation of pain can occur in any of the following ways:
This pain sensation is sometimes accompanied by other symptoms.
Symptoms OF Headaches
The primary symptom of headache is a pain in or around the head. Headache pain varies in intensity and may be acute or persistent.
The type of pain also depends on the kind of headache or its root cause.
As earlier stated, a headache may or may not be accompanied by other symptoms such as:
- Blurry vision or hallucinations
- Temporary vision loss
- Vision consists of glares
- Pain in the temples
- Light sensitivity, otherwise known as photophobia
- Sensitivity to sounds
- Pain behind one eye or ear
- Feeling dizzy
- Tightness around the temples
- Difficulty concentrating
- Tenderness of the scalp
Causes Of Headaches
There are typically two types of headache:
- Primary headaches: consisting of tension headaches, migraine headaches, hypnic headache, and cluster headaches
- Secondary headaches: this is simply a headache caused by other health conditions or underlying disease. Secondary headache can also be referred to as associated headache, and they include the following:
- Menstrual migraine
- Migraine due to brain tumor
- External compression headache
- Thunderclap headache
- Medication overuse headache
- Sinus headache
- Headache due to whiplash
- Sex exertion headaches
- Brain aneurysm
The root causes of certain s migraines in Dallas are idiopathic (that is unknown). However, the common causes of primary headaches are:
- Neck related or cervicogenic
- Inadequate rest
- Lack of sleep
- Incorrect glasses prescription
- Bright light
- Certain hairstyles
- Tight head wear
- Genetics (rare)
- Certain foods like chocolate
- Chemical toxins
- Poor sleeping position
- A change in eating pattern
- Loud noise exposure
Migraines are one of the most common symptoms associated with almost every disease or health condition. Therefore secondary headaches can be caused by:
- Blood clot
- High blood pressure
- Chiari malformation
- Certain medications
- Acute sinusitis
- Arteriovenous formation
- Inflammation of the brain stem
- Panic disorders
Long Term Problems Due To Ignoring Headaches
Most headaches types in Dallas are stand-alone conditions that resolve without any medical intervention within a short time. However, headaches may be a sign of an underlying health condition. As such, when a headache persists longer than usual and increases in intensity or accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to have it checked out.
Untreated headache can lead to various serious health conditions like:
- Loss of vision
- Loss of balance
- Inability to speak
- Brain aneurysm
Temporary Pain Relief For Headaches
There are many self-care techniques or home remedies for mild to moderate headache pain. They are:
- Lying in a quiet, dark room
- Stretching exercise routines like yoga
- Placing cold compresses on the head
- Removing all tight clothing
- Undoing ponytail
- Drinking water
- Getting adequate sleep
- Reducing screen time
- Adopting good body posture
- Getting out of bed gently
- Avoiding excess alcohol intake
- Quit smoking
Avoid food triggers like caffeine and chocolate
Headaches Treatment In Dallas
There are several ways to treat migraines in Dallas. Most successful headache treatments in Dallas target the root causes of the symptoms and not just the symptoms itself.
One of the best ways to relieve headaches is by removing nerve interference through chiropractic adjustments and lifestyle changes such as physical fitness, healthy eating, good body posture, less screen time, adequate sleep, staying hydrated, and meditation.
Other methods of treating headaches include:
- Herbal and nutritional health products.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Nutritional advice.
- Medication which includes NSAIDs, antihypertensive drugs, antidepressants, and so on.
- Medical interventions involving drugs or surgeries.
The use of chiropractic spinal manipulative treatment for migraine treatment dates back to centuries ago, where the musculoskeletal system’s alignment was linked to the general well being of the body.
How Trinity Mills Chiropractic Can help in Headache treatment in Dallas, TX
Trinity Mills Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Dallas for headache treatments. Dr. Mark Harris DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Dallas and specializes in treating headaches. He has been practicing for over 10 years in Dallas.
Trinity Mills Chiropractic serves the following cities:
- Farmers Branch
Call us today if you are experiencing headaches in Dallas.