Car Accident / Whiplash
Pain Treatment In Dallas,TX
Whiplash Injury Specialist
Whiplash/auto accident injury is quite common, with over 2 million reported every year.
Let’s find out the causes, symptoms, and treatment modalities, especially in Dallas.
Whiplash results from a neck injury due to sprain or strain when the neck suddenly moves backward and then forward.
This movement is usually forceful and rapid and leads to an overstretching and micro-tearing of the ligaments and muscles in the neck and upper back.
Whiplash Treatment in Dallas?
Chiropractic Treatment measures for whiplash in Dallas vary from conventional medical approaches to alternative medicine measures with the sole purpose of pain management and restoration of normal motion range in the neck and back.
Symptoms Of Whiplash/ Auto Accidents Injury
A patient may experience any of the following whiplash symptoms depending on the severity of the injury.
- A stiff neck with pain that tends to get worse with movement.
- Loss of neck and back range of motion.
- Headaches that tend to start at the skull base.
- Tingling or a numb feeling in the arms.
- Tenderness and pain in the upper back, arms, or shoulder.
- Fatigue with dizziness.
Other Symptoms Although Less Frequent Include
Some uncommon Whiplash symptoms in Dallas include:
- Short term memory problems
- Ringing in the ears(tinnitus)
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurred vision
Causes Of Auto Accidents Injury / Whiplash
The following traumatic events may lead to a whiplash injury:
- Automobile accidents where rear-end accidents are the most common culprit.
- Physical violence with assault like punches and violent shaking.
- Certain sports where there is sudden and forceful contact amongst players like in football.
Long term Problems Due To Untreated Auto Accidents Injury / Whiplash
Whiplash injuries are not to be ignored. It requires immediate treatment by a health care professional like a car accident chiropractor.
Auto accident injuries can lead to chronic pain or even permanent disability if ignored for days or weeks.
The possible problems of an untreated whiplash injury include:
- Tingling sensation in the hands and fingers
- Permanent stiffness and pain in the neck
- Vertebrae misalignment
- Chronic headaches
- Degenerative disc disease
Chiropractic Treatment For Whiplash
Following a physical injury or auto accident, it is essential to get a diagnosis and consultation for Whiplash at a chiropractic clinic in Dallas.
The extent of a Whiplash injury can be determined using imaging tests. Chiropractors recommend treatment based on the extent of the Whiplash injuries. Chiropractic whiplash treatment in Dallas is often your best bet for a successful result.
A certified car accident chiropractor will combine several Whiplash treatment measures for optimal results.
- Self-care of car accident injury includes ice packs and physical exercise like stretches for the muscles and joints.
- Patients sometimes use over-the-counter pain relievers, but it is more important to treat the underlying cause. Common pain medications include analgesic, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxant and narcotic.
- Car accident treatment is provided by a chiropractor experienced in treating car accident patients. The chiropractic treatment techniques include manipulations, stretching, physical therapy and massage.
Does Medical Insurance Cover Treatment For Auto Accidents Injury / Whiplash?
Some medical insurance packages cover cervical whiplash injury treatment in Dallas, TX, mostly diagnostic and aftercare costs. Talk to your doctor or health insurance provider about this.
How Trinity Mills Chiropractic Can help in Whiplash / auto car accident treatment in Dallas, TX
Trinity Mills Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Dallas for whiplash / Auto car accident treatments. Dr. Mark Harris DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Dallas and specializes in treating whiplash / Auto car accident pain. He has been practicing for over 10 years in Dallas.
Trinity Mills Chiropractic serves the following cities:
- Farmers Branch
Call us today if you are experiencing Whiplash / Auto car accident pain in Dallas.
Awards & Recognitions | Trinity Mills Chiropractic
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on +1 (972) 380-6977
You can also use the online booking tool below
How do we treat Auto Accident injuries?
Frequently Asked Questions About Auto Accident Injuries
- Ringing in the ears
- Neck injury or stiffness
- Blurred vision or vertigo