Knee Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Specialist in Dallas
Knee Pain is a common occurrence affecting people of all ages. Are you experiencing knee pain in Dallas, TX? Do you wonder if there are effective knee pain treatment measures in Dallas and other information about knee pain? Then this might interest you.
Knee pain is any pain in the knee joint or around the knee and in surrounding nerves or tissues. Knee pain could be due to injury (for example, a torn cartilage or ruptured ligament) or a degenerative disease. Such diseases include osteoarthritis, gout, or even infections. As such, they can cause knee pain without injury.
SYMPTOMS OF KNEE PAIN
The symptoms of knee pain vary with the causative factor, the location and the extent of the problem. These are some knee pain symptoms:
- Experiencing difficulty with strengthening the knee.
- Redness and soreness.
- Cracking noise occurs with knee movement.
- The weakness of the knee joint.
- Inability to walk well.
- Mild to severe pain that may produce a tingling or burning sensation.
TYPES OF KNEE PAIN
There are four common types of Knee Pain in Dallas are as follows:
- Knee osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative condition affecting the articular cartilage found in the knee. This cartilage serves as a shock absorber preventing the joints of the knee from rubbing painfully against each other. When this cartilage wears off, it leads to knee osteoarthritis, which is a severe condition.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ALC) tear: The ACL ligament functions as a stabilizer and prevents the knee’s bones from tearing through the knee cap. When there is an ACL tear, the rotational movement of the knee is compromised.
- Meniscus tear leads to feelings of instability in the knee.
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome is also referred to as runner’s knee.
CAUSES OF KNEE PAIN
As earlier stated, Knee Pain can either be caused by trauma or injury. Or it can be caused by infections and degenerative diseases such as arthritis.
Types of injuries that can cause knee pain include:
- Torn meniscus
- ACL injury
- Patellar tendinitis
- Knee bursitis
About what can cause knee pain without injury, it is several diseases including arthritis, gout and infections.
LONG TERM PROBLEMS DUE TO IGNORING KNEE PAIN
Ignoring knee pain and leaving it untreated can result in the following:
- Chronic pain.
- Onset of osteoarthritis.
- Stiffness of the knee.
- Loss of motion.
- Permanent disability.
TEMPORARY PAIN RELIEF
There are several home remedies or self-care techniques that have been found to bring relief for knee pain. They include the following:
- Resting the knee.
- Using ice packs on the painful area.
- Applying topical analgesic ointment or creams.
- Keeping the knee elevated while sitting to improve the supply of oxygenated blood to the joints and tissues of the knee.
- Pain medications like acetaminophen.
DOES MEDICAL INSURANCE COVERS KNEE PAIN?
Many health insurance packages cover part or most of the cost of treating knee pain.
KNEE PAIN TREATMENT In Dallas
Are you resident in Dallas and wondering how to cure knee pain fast?
Several treatment measures have been found to be effective. Your knee pain doctor in Dallas may advise:
- Professional chiropractic care that includes massages, manipulation techniques, and knee support is beneficial.
- Self-care or home remedies. These include rest, NSAIDS, analgesic ointment, ice packs, hot water bottles, and elevation of the knee.
- Prescription medication.
Knee Pain specialists in Dallas may prescribe medications that address the pain itself, the causes or both.
- Physical Therapy
Strengthening exercises or physical care might be recommended.
How Trinity Mills Chiropractic Can help in knee Pain treatment in Dallas, TX
Trinity Mills Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Dallas for knee pain treatments. Dr. Mark Harris DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Dallas and specializes in treating knee pain. He has been practicing for over 10 years in Dallas.
Trinity Mills Chiropractic serves the following cities:
- Farmers Branch
Call us today if you are experiencing knee pain in Dallas.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Request an appointment online by calling us on (972) 380-6977
You can also use the online booking tool below
How do we treat knee pain?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT knee pain
Yes, Chiropractic care is effective in treating some common types of knee pain.
The following conditions may cause pain under the kneecap:
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
The five symptoms of knee injury are: inflammation of the knee, redness and soreness or warmth, severe pain, tingling or burning sensation in the knee, and an inability to straighten the knee.
The symptoms of a torn tendon in the knee include pain and inflammation, inability to straighten the knee, weakness in specific movements, and in some cases, an indentation at the bottom of the knee cap.
The most painful knee injury is the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tear. It affects the ability to rotate the knee or even walk and the pain is excruciating.