Chiropractic is a safe, drug-free, and non-invasive alternative treatment option for all joint pain types due to injuries and aging. Spinal adjustment helps restore your body’s normal alignment while improving the range of motion and providing pain relief.
In addition to this, your chiropractor will assign a few therapeutic exercises to perform at home to supplement the treatments. These exercises help achieve maximum results through pain relief, strengthen muscles and improve general well-being.
Therapeutic exercises are physical therapy devised to improve the functioning of muscles, nerves, and organs. It typically consists of various activities ranging from breathing exercises to high-speed walking on a treadmill.
Benefits of therapeutic exercises
Therapeutic exercises offer the following benefits:
- Generates and increases energy levels.
- Creates muscle tone.
- Burns calories.
- Reduces constipation.
- Eliminates depression.
- Quicker recovery time.
- Reduced chance of the injury occurring again.
Types of therapeutic exercises
There are various therapeutic exercises to do with chiropractic care. Our Chiropractic team will decide your exercises based on your present problem, medical history, and other treatments. We will modify it to suit your level of endurance, ability, the severity of the condition, and your recovery stage.
For example, patients with osteoporosis have wide variations in their strength levels and tolerance. We advise low-impact weight-bearing exercises because they risk pathological fractures due to their low bone density. Patients should also be careful while twisting and performing sudden movements while exercising.
A few examples of therapeutic exercises
- The lumbar extension exercise strengthens the posture muscles for improved posture. It is especially beneficial to those suffering from sciatica.
- The cat-cow is useful for providing low back pain relief by strengthening your entire abdominal core.
- The spinal rotation exercise increases the range of motion through the spine and increases abdominal strength and low back muscles.
- The external shoulder rotation for reducing frozen shoulder symptoms and improving shoulder weakness and instability.
You must pay close attention to the exercise instructions and follow the movements to avoid injuring yourself and help your body rehabilitate quickly and efficiently.
Contact your Dallas chiropractor for therapeutic exercises
Trinity Mills Chiropractic recommends therapeutic exercises you can do at home to maximize your chiropractic treatment plan’s benefits. We recommend the right routines to perform based on your health condition and medical issues. Contact us to schedule an appointment to learn about the best therapeutic exercises for your complete chiropractic care.